Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Why is it so cold in my office?

It's about 97 degrees outside today.

It's about 47 degrees in my office.

Why would they do this? I've had to begin dressing in several layers. I'm wearing jeans even though I know they will be hot and sticky on my walk back from the train this evening.

We've also had to break out the space heater usually reserved for the dead of winter.

Nothing better than toasty tootsies.
One coworker has moved her entire station MASH unit style to take full advantage of the tiny stream of heat.

"I just want to sit in the heat and eat my sandwich!"
Others are snuggled in their "wubbies" against the cold.


It feels like it should be Christmas or something. All I want to do today is eat and I'm pretty sure it's because my body thinks it's time to bulk up for winter.

However, I would rather be cold than sweltering. You can always put more on, but you can only take so much off.

No comments:

Post a Comment