Thursday, August 2, 2012

The water is tepid.

So we got the kittens home last night and B and I felt much the way I suspect new parents of human babies feel, except we were looking at less expense, more fur, and we still get to sleep. What I mean is, we let the kittens out of their carriers, then stared at them and asked each other "Now what do we do with them?" and "What in good gracious have we gotten ourselves into?"

It's going to take a little getting used to.

But without further ado, here they are:





The gray one is a boy and the black-ish one is a girl. Thank the good Lord they have been using the litter box with no problem. I stayed home from work today to help them adjust and they could give a crap. They're all "that's nice, I'm just going to nap and ignore you, thanks". Which is another way in which I feel this is similar to bringing home a child.

Neither one has a name yet. I generally name my pets after Disney characters; B says unequivocally no to that one. Then I thought of Nimitz and Sigsbee after the Admirals who signed the Japanese surrender in WWII and captained the Maine, respectively, but B keeps pronouncing Nimitz "Nidbits" and I don't know if I can do that to a cat. So that's on hold and for now they're "baby girl" and "baby boy". 

Also, stripes!



*Disclaimer for people with children-I've been a nanny and I am not in any way actually of the mindset that owning kittens = having a child. So don't hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment