Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I actually went out after work!

It's not that I don't like people. Honest. It's just that at the end of the day I really, really just want to go home and not have to "on". You know, you don't have to smile, you can let your hair down and take your make-up off. You don't have to make pleasantries with people you barely know (I'm not good at that. It's because I'm awkward).

I also don't generally go out on the weekend, because, you know, people don't usually go out till late and I'm already sleepy and then I'm supposed to START getting ready at 9 which is usually when I'm in bed. Then once you get out you have to TALK to COMPLETE STRANGERS. Sometimes, anyway. I'm just not good at it.

Also, at clubs or bars on the weekends people generally expect you to wear high heels (if you're dressing up, which often people do), and I'm really not good at that. I mean, I've definitely lost my balance and fallen down stairs at bars more than once and it WASN'T BECAUSE I WAS DRINKING. I promise. Plus one time my feet hurt so badly after a night of dancing that I took my shoes off and walked barefoot through the streets of Baltimore back to my car. And when that becomes a better alternative than wearing your heels you know you need to just give up and wear flats.

But I digress.

Yesterday evening some of my coworkers went out to a local restaurant/bar called Elephant & Castle and decided to go for an hour or so since I do actually like these people and I don't want them to hate me and think I'm anti-social (even though I more or less am. But it's not because I don't like them!).

Am I making myself sound like a stone cold biatch who doesn't have friends? I hope not but I feel like I might be. But I do have friends and to my friends who are reading, I love you and appreciate your willingness to accommodate my anti-going out late at night tendencies.

Maybe I'll just shut up and post the photos now.

Pub pretzels. So good.

Happy co-workers.


2 comments:

  1. Completely AGREE. Work is so tiring and anything after work just seems like MORE work. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It doesn't help that I have a 1.5 hour commute home-not conducive to hanging around a long time after I leave.

      Delete