Friday, August 24, 2012

It's Friday, I'm...poking around the museum.

Actually, I did this yesterday, but it's close enough.

One of the joys of a museum employee is when you get a few minutes to randomly open drawers in storage and see what cool things you find. After a combined 10 hours of training in a classroom over the past two days, our little group figured we deserved to go see some cool stuff.

We headed to the Music, Sports and Entertainment division, which includes, among lots of other things:

Lance Armstrong's bike (how timely).


Indiana Jones' jacket and whip.

"We named the dog Indiana."
 Me, a coworker, and Indiana Jones' hat.

"Sallah, I said no camels, that's five camels, can't you count?"
 Me, a coworker, and the Sesame Street sign.


Oscar the Grouch (his trash can is stored separately).


A blurry me rifling through the late Phyllis Diller's famous joke files (I'm in the "sex" section, because that's how mature I am).


The typewriter from "Murder, She Wrote".


One of Mr. Rodger's sweaters.


And Sonja Henie's figure skates (look her up).


There's also a lot of other sports stuff that I didn't recognize because I'm not a sports person, but I'm sure it's still cool. And yes, I'm aware that I work at just about the coolest place ever.

Happy weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment