Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Grati-Tuesday and style in three words.

First things first. This week I am thankful for:

1. B's new job! That's right, he's moving up in the world, and I couldn't be more proud of and excited for him.

2. Books on tape. Or cd, rather. I checked out A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson for our little jaunt to the ocean, and it was fantastic. Highly recommend!

Check it out.


3. My kittens. I had to say it. They are so much fun, and I love how they bring out this caring, playful side in B. He'll hate me for saying it, but he makes a good kitten dad, which eventually I'm sure will translate into being a good human baby dad.

4. Having something to look forward to on the weekend. Weather permitting B and I are meeting my parents at their campsite in Harper's Ferry and doing some hiking and s'mores making. Thinking about relaxing by a campfire is helping me get through each workday.

5. Magazines. I love flipping through magazines. I subscribe to 5 (Glamour, Cosmo, Marie Claire, Smithsonian and Archaeology). This month Glamour challenged its editors to sum up their style in three words, which I thought was an interesting exercise and possibly would help me in my quest to purge my closet of clothes that aren't "me". I pondered and came up with: Navy. Stripes. Lipstick. Even though I'm wearing none of the aforementioned today.


What are your three words? I'd love to hear what you come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment