Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Adventures in Juicing.

B and I were inspired to get a juicer by the film Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. It seemed like a good way to get an extra shot of fruits and vegetables every now and then. So I went out and bought this little beauty:


Buuuuut because I have little patience, B was the one to set it up.



Diligently reading the instructions.

For our inaugural juice we chose the Morning Energizer, which includes apples, beets, ginger, carrots and lemon. I had never even bought ginger or beets before so I knew it would be interesting and possibly allergic reaction inducing.




I'm not gonna lie, it smelled a little funny. And it looked like this:


Interesting.

My reaction is: it's not bad. It tastes a bit like dirt, but I'd drink it.
B's reaction: You can have it.


Not a fan of the Morning Energizer.

I brought it in to work to have with my breakfast and taste-tested it on some coworkers. Their reactions:



Mildly not disgusted!

They agreed with me that it was, at best, not bad. I couldn't stomach all of it this morning so I saved some for tomorrow. But I feel healthy! Maybe next time we'll try one with more fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment