Monday, September 10, 2012

Kitten stool samples and other weekend activities.

So some things were nice this weekend, such as this note from B that I woke up to on Saturday morning:


And my first pumpkin spice latte of the season before church on Sunday:


Even having the windows open again and watching the kittens enjoy the breeze.


What was not great? Having to take a stool sample from the kittens to the vet. Actually, that part wasn't that bad. Tesla complied with our schedule and went before we left. Truman did not. What Truman did do was take a nice big one in his carrier as we transferred him from the car to the vet. 

B: "He's going right now. I'm watching him do it. Damnit."

Because they like to share a carrier, both the kittens got it on their paws. B pulled out the shirt that he had lined the carrier with...that now reeked so badly of cat feces he immediately shoved it in the plastic bag we were carrying Tesla's sample in. The nice vet tech took them back and washed them off, though we still had to bathe them when we got them home. 

When we told the vet (who seems to be some sort of veterinarian Doogie Howser. I think she's 12). She laughed and said "I will take the sample though. Is it in the garbage?" She was going to go through the garbage for my cats s&*t. Seriously. That's dedication. I like her.

Instead, we handed her the grocery bag and the advice that "Tesla's is labeled in the Ziploc. Truman's is...in the t-shirt. And possibly all over the side of the bag." And she took it. Thank you, Veterinarian Doogie Howser.

They're lucky I love them. Real lucky.



Linking up with these lovely ladies:

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the linkup! Newest follower! I had a PSL this weekend, too! Delish!

    Would love for you to stop by & say hi! :)
    lukeandamysmith.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will definitely stop by! PSLs are my weakness in the fall for sure.

      Delete