Monday, July 23, 2012

Two women and a baby.

Four days, five states, two women, one baby.

Thoughts: portable DVD players are awesome. As is the Big Bang Theory. Even on repeat. Tell you what, we watched the same looped episodes three times in one day and each episode was still good every time. (The baby enjoyed them, ok? My friend is raising a little nerd and I love it)

Either Dunkin' Donuts or Arby's gave me food poisoning. You are on notice. Both of you.

The no-make up experiment? Big fat failure. By the end of the four days I felt hideous and couldn't do anything about it. And then B texted and was like hey, how about K just drops you off at my parents' place, we'll go to a party my friends are having, and then I'll drive us home, and I was all, dear goodness I am not seeing anyone until I fix my hair, put on some make-up and get a better outfit on. And that's when I accepted that sometimes I feel insecure without my make-up and I'm going to make sure I have it next time. Maybe it's a socially constructed idea of beauty, but it's a real feeling, a real insecurity, and I honestly don't have the energy to try and overcome it right now.

Via
I've been blessed with really great friends, K among them. To have someone that you've known since preschool who's still in your life 24.5 years later, who knows you extremely well, gets you, and accepts you flaws and all is a rare gift. I have that, I have B, and I have an amazing family. What more could a girl want?

So now I'm back to this:

Me at work.
My trains were all late this morning, I tripped up an escalator, and the milk I put in my oatmeal and tea was bad. Welcome back. Later this week I will share my thoughts on some of the places we visited. Hint-the part of me that was trained as a public historian is not pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment