Monday, July 9, 2012

Happy Birthday Pap-Pap!

Sunday we celebrated my grandfather's 73rd birthday with a cook-out at my grandparents' house.

But not before I got my pore-cleansing on with my BFF.

She's so happy I have a blog now to put pictures of her on!
My grandparents live on what used to be a chicken farm, and their property has a lot of outbuildings that my grandfather has decorated with things made in his shop.

My grandmother still drives a school bus, and my grandfather used to. Spent a lot of my childhood running through the bus, jumping out the back, and running back around to do it again with my cousins.

My grandfather is REALLY into John Deere riding lawn mowers. Really.



My grandfather built a gazebo that he kept telling us was really a pigpen. Then he filled it with pigs-two for he and my grandmother, and then eight piglets for the grandkids.
My grandparents. Married 50 years. 4 kids, 8 grandkids. I love 'em to pieces.

Rounded out the day shooting Coke cans with a pellet gun. Good times with a good family.

I swear I'm not pregnant. That's just the dress. But barefoot, pregnant, and shooting a gun towards a cornfield would be a great photo op.


No comments:

Post a Comment