Thursday, July 19, 2012

Easy Individual Apple Pie Pockets

I had to take a dish to the picnic I went to last Saturday. Being frugal, I looked around my cupboards to see if I could make something with what I already had, rather than running to the store. I found: 1/2 a box of fillo dough that I had bought for goodness knows what and wanted to use rather than let get covered in frost before being thrown away.

Pastry dough...reminded me of a recipe I once saw for mini-apple pies using frozen pie crust. So I got creative, and it worked, and this is the recipe:


Ingredients: 4 apples, 1/2 box of fillo dough, 2 TBL melted butter, cinnamon and sugar.

1. Slice apples and toss with preferred amount of sugar and cinnamon. I let them sit in the fridge overnight to make a little syrup, but this isn't absolutely necessary.

2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

3. Unroll several sheets of fillo, brush with butter, and place apples in the center.


4. Fold fillo sheets around the apples and seal the last edge with melted butter.

5. Brush tops of pockets with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Poke with a fork.


6. Bake for about 30 minutes, until golden brown.


Ta da! My family liked them, and they weren't too messy. Perfect for a picnic or party.





No comments:

Post a Comment