Friday, July 27, 2012

Today my job feels cool.

I follow "National Museum of American History, Smithsonian" on Pinterest. Today, they pinned this:


Via. "Today in 1861, Union Gen. George B. McClellan, designer of this saddle, is put in command of the Army of the Potomac."

This is cool for two reasons. 1) I've touched this and 2) from where I was sitting when I saw the pin appear on Pinterest, I could look to my left and see the actual object pictured (and I was all, what up, McClellan saddle?).  Nearby is General George Armstrong Custer's laundry hamper, which is one of my favorite pieces, as it speaks to the everyday realities of the life of a man who became so infamous. So, for today at least, in between the occasional tedium, my job feels pretty cool.

Via. Custer's hamper!



No comments:

Post a Comment