Friday, July 6, 2012

It's Friday, I'm...wearing free (if cheap) sunglasses.

Ran out at lunch to do some errands and found a farmer's market by the Ronald Reagan World Trade center where the National Aquarium was giving away sunglasses.


Coworker, so excited about his new glasses! And I quote, "They're better than the sunglasses I bought for $2 off of Ebay!"

I approve this message in favor of the National Aquarium.

Also, I tried to be healthy this week. I was given a whole bunch of fresh green beans by my nom, grown by my great aunt., and my mother and I snapped them together at her house while watching Craft Wars (doing things while watching crap T.V. seems to be a theme this week).



Belle watching over us from her cozy perch.
And then I made apple juice with the juicer.


It was so good. But it does make you wonder what exactly they do to turn it from this to what you see in the supermarket. Take out most of the good stuff and add sugar and water, I guess.

This weekend I am holing up in my Thank-God-It's-Air-Conditioned apartment against the heat wave boiling the Eastern seaboard. Going to try a new spinach, banana, peanut butter and yogurt smoothie for dinner tonight. It's gotten good reviews; hoping it isn't gross!





No comments:

Post a Comment