Monday, July 30, 2012

In which I lick salt off of my hand.

This weekend I got to see some of my favorite women, three of my best friends from high school. Well, I suppose we actually met in middle school, but that's beside the point. The point is that two of them have moved out of state, and we've come a long way from the time when we saw each other 6 out of 7 days in the week. Now we're lucky to catch up in person once a year. This weekend the stars aligned and we went out for dinner and drinks at a local bar.



I love this detail. B asked if I was wearing my shirt backwards. Hint-I'm not.
My gorgeous friends, seen here:


Convinced me to try a "Chocolate-Covered Pretzel" shot. It came in a giant, non-shot glass with a salted rim, but I was informed that it would be better to wet my hand, put table salt on it, lick it, and then take the shot, like so:

My camera doesn't function well indoors, ok?
It was about as palatable as any shot is (I have no idea what was in it...something about amaretto and whipped vodka?), but I did NOT taste "chocolate-covered pretzel". Sorry. My one friend actually liked the taste so much she sipped it instead of taking it in one gulp as is traditional.


But the best part of the night was being with people who make me laugh until my stomach hurts, give me frank and honest advice and opinions, and seeing B with my high school friends and watching the past, present and future people in my life come seamlessly together. Also I had a kick-ass pulled pork sandwich.


3 comments:

  1. I haven't been out in so long! You've inspired me. I'm heading to Chicago this weekend for the first time ever. Maybe I'll just have to have a chocolate-covered pretzel shot in your honor. I'll report back. :)

    xo
    Sarah
    www.pluckypicaroon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! At the very least, it tastes good, even if yours doesn't taste like a pretzel. I've never been "out" in Chicago, but I had a skating competition there once and we went to the Field Museum. It was great!

      Delete
  2. would lick your asses

    ReplyDelete