Thursday, July 5, 2012

Chocolate Caramel/Peanut Butter Pretzels

This is a pretty basic recipe that I got from a coworker, and people go crazy over it when I bring it to a party, as I did for the big 4th of July batch yesterday. Since the particular tweeks I made this time were so successful, I'm documenting the exact recipe here for future use.

1. Gather ingredients. Two bags of pre-unwrapped mini Rolos and one of Reese's was about perfect. The pound bag of pretzels left me with about a quarter of a bag extra. The square grid pretzels were perfect as they give optimum surface area for the candy to melt onto. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.



2. Lay out pretzels on parchment paper-covered cookie sheet (if you are too lazy to clean melted chocolate off a cookie sheet, as I am). Preferably done while watching trashy T.V.


3. Top pretzels with candies. Again while watching T.V.


4. Bake approximately 5-7 minutes. When the centers of the Rolos have dropped they're just about perfect.

5. Let cool. Like, really let cool. For me, this is the hardest part. I want to pack 'em up right away. Putting them in the fridge helps cut down on cool time. Et voila, a delicious party snack.



No comments:

Post a Comment