Wednesday, February 11, 2015

At Christmastime. That was two months ago.

I pulled out the nativity that my parents got me way back in 1989 for the first time this year. Actually I think this is the first year that it's been in my possession since as soon as I purchased a house my mother showed up with boxes of stuff that "is yours," including all Christmas decor that was tangentially related to me. Anyway, when I opened it I found this:


A note from my mother, reading: "Where ever you may be when you next unpack this nativity set, remember all the Christmases we shared it together. In its new home it will make many more memories."

I texted my mother as follows:

Me: I opened the nativity :)
Mom: I know I put a message in it. But I have no idea what I wrote anymore.
Me: About remembering its memories and making new ones.
Mom: Oh, how nice of me!

I dunno if we broke the angel or it it didn't come with one but that's the angel we have, so there she is.



No comments:

Post a Comment