Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Winter Cabin Camping

Because I am a loving wife who also wants to build up "I did something you want to do" points to get to Disney World we went cabin camping in Gifford Pinchot State Park with one of Ben's friends and said friend's girlfriend. It was not awful. I did enjoy being away from the TV and the computer for a bit, as well as the bracing cold fresh air and the novelty of walking on a frozen lake.

Cabin. Woods. Frozen lake.

First hat I ever made. Go me!


Rebels, all of us. Seriously though some ice fishermen let Ben look down in one of their holes and the ice was something like 10" thick. Also one ice fisherman had a canvas tent house thing and planned to spend the night on the ice, which is crazy in a way I don't understand. We watched him pack up and ship out around 8:30 at night though, so maybe the rational part of his brain got the best of him. Or the park ranger kicked him out. Not sure what the proper procedure is for renting a camping spot on what is usually a liquid surface.


And also Ben made blueberry cobbler/cake in a dutch oven and I love cake.


As always, I was pretty ecstatic to get back to these furry munchkins. And also to my comfortable, warm bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment