Thursday, June 7, 2012

Stolen Snuggles

Disclaimer: not my actual bed, but it sure looks comfy.
Monday through Friday my alarm goes off at 6:25 a.m.  I usually make some unbecoming grunting type noise, roll over to give B a quick squeeze, and lumber out from my sanctuary to ensure I get out the door for my walk to the commuter train by 6:45.  I find this to be one of the most difficult points in the day, as I 1) love sleep and could probably use 10 hours of it a night and 2) the bed is soft and warm and B is soft and warm with the peace that only a good sleep brings and he often will sleepily cuddle me to him and sigh into my hair and I defy anyone to tell me that, on any given day, getting up is a better prospect than lazing in bed with one's love (unless you are in Disney World. Then, get off me and let's go!).  Yesterday morning, however, B cuddled me to him and said "Stay. Just a few more minutes. I'll drive you to the train." And so I did. Just a few extra minutes of snuggles, with the glow of early morning through the blinds and the cobwebs of sleep still wrapped around us.  Not much, but a simple moment in which I felt so loved I ached with it, and just enough of a break from routine to make the day feel special.  A moment that, for me, encapsulated our love perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment