Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Biking.




B is what could be considered a cyclist. I know how to ride a bike. Do we see the subtle difference? B has a mountain bike, a road bike, an industrial strength helmet and the shorts with the pads in the butt. I have a bike my parents won in a raffle 10 years ago that is painted like a brown cow and I don't own a helmet.

So every time B would be all, "We should go cycling on the C+O trail sometime." I'd be all, "Mmhmm, that would be a nice theoretical trip that I'm going to pretend I want to do then not commit to actually doing." But eventually, because I love him and because I recognize that he goes places with me that he doesn't get excited about, we went.

It was kind of muddy but otherwise a beautiful fall day and it turned out I had a great time. I'd even like to go again-but not until next fall, because it is currently hot as blazes outside and I don't play that. Moral of the story is: Bethanee, do more things B wants to do. You might actually enjoy them, and you will make him happy. And I do so like to see him happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment