Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Let me tell you something

I enjoy J. Crew. Mostly for their perfect fit tee shirts, as I consider a tee shirt, jeans, a scarf and ballet flats the perfect outfit for any and all occasions. I generally am only willing to purchase them on sale, however, so when I get a J. Crew sale e-mail, I generally check it out, as I did this morning. When I did, I came across this little gem:


From J. Crew
Your standard slim fitting gray sweatshirt reading "darling!," an object of clothing I would personally never wear and especially never purchase. Good thing too, because it was on sale for $199.99. Two hundred dollars people. On sale. The retail price was $398.00. Four hundred dollars. Now, it is made of cashmere, which I've never been willing to spend enough to own but I hear is very nice. But still. Where the hell would you even wear that? I'm fairly certain the only time I've ever spent over $100.00 for any single item of clothing was for a formal event dress. Somehow I can't reconcile the fact that the same store where I get tee shirts for less than 20 bucks is selling a four hundred dollar sweater. That's ugly to boot. This is what is wrong with us people. No one needs a four hundred dollar sweater. No one.

No comments:

Post a Comment