Tuesday, October 9, 2012

He liked it so he put a ring on it.

I knew it was coming, and I was LOSING MY MIND over it. I couldn't wait. The morning of, we were planning to go for a hike (we had been planning a backpacking trip, but that got nixed because of possible rain the next morning and I can't say I was sorry). I was anxious all morning and finally I said to B, look, I have to tell you that I'm on edge because I feel like this might be our engagement weekend and if it isn't then you should just tell me so I can get on with it and enjoy our day together.

B: "Well, I don't want you to be sad..."

Me: "That's all I need to know."

So we went out to Western Maryland and jumped on to the Appalachian Trail. I hauled my butt up some steep hills and then-THEN-we stumbled onto a copperhead snake. In case you didn't know, they are poisonous. I thought we were going to die. We stared at it for a while and then gingerly walked around it while it eyed me menacingly.

Let me stop here to point out that I had some hints that it was coming: B asked if I was going to do my hair for dinner that night (he's not usually into that kind of detail). He also asked me what I was wearing hiking, which was REALLY odd. He double checked that we had the camera and extra batteries. He was being really lovey on our hike (which I enjoyed, of course, but I knew).

We got to this overlook, which was gorgeous, bee-tee-dubs:



It was also freezing and extremely windy.

And we sat down on the rock and huddled against the wind together. B looked at me and said "I lied to you this morning." My heart dropped, he said lots of sweet things that I will keep to myself, and we were engaged :)

Me really happy.

Huddled against the cold. Warmed by love, etc.
Then we sat down on a rock and ate our peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.


Also, Happy Birthday to me!

I love cake.

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATS! (In case I didn't say it loud enough on Facebook.) We, your readers, require a closeup of the ring. Thanks!

    <3 Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol!!! Thanks :) You'll just have to wait and see. Or see it in person...

    ReplyDelete