Monday, October 29, 2012

Apples to apples.


 We rented a gorgeous house in the Shenandoah Valley (except that it was on top of a mountain and not in the valley) for the weekend with some of my awesome museum peeps.

In the morning there was lots of fog, but otherwise the view out these windows was amazing.

Our mountain-retreat cum beach-shanty.
We spent our Saturday picking apples, eating apple-cider donuts, napping, and cooking up a delicious fall feast with a roast and vegetables and home-made pumpkin pie (in reality, so my co-worker's wife did all the cooking and I just ate).




In the evening we ran around the yard, played board games and laughed at ourselves.





 Now I'm sitting on my couch with all the lights on, the TV blaring and the computer running so I can make the best of my electricity before Sandy takes it out. See you all on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment