Friday, August 31, 2012

Workin' for the weekend.

I'm really, really glad that it's a holiday weekend. I'll let Winnie the Pooh tell you my main plans.

Via.

I love sleeping. B wakes up by 7:30 even on the weekends, just naturally bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. If you let me, I'll sleep past noon. Even after going to bed at 9 p.m. I may have a problem. Still, I can't wait to finally get some decent sleep in.

My other focus for the weekend: lose 5 lbs/learn to love myself. I realize this is a bit ambitious for a weekend, but I might as well start somewhere. I've really been struggling this week between wanting to buckle down on my eating habits and just lose 5-10 pounds so I can be a skinny bitch and just accepting that a healthy body weight for me involves a little pudge in the middle and enjoying a treat without guilt.

I inherently rebel against the idea that I need to be a certain weight to be happy or beautiful. And yet I can't quite seem to convince my sub-conscious to adopt that mindset. Instead, I'll eat something, then berate myself for doing so, even if it was healthy. Then berate myself for berating myself because, hello, you need to eat and there's no shame in feeding oneself, or even in enjoying one's food. This weekend I'm going to try and adopt the following attitude:

Via

In lighter news, I wore these things this week and liked them:





Any advice on how you find balance between being healthy and accepting a body that is amazing, whole, and allows you to do so many things while not looking like some societal ideal would be appreciated!



No comments:

Post a Comment